Denise Taylor: Inspirational | Forward Thinking | Creative
I was born in 1957 and will be 60 this year; but age is just a number. Few of us will have a conventional retirement, loving (and living) life is much more fun. I love adventures and want to continue to grow and develop.
I’m a Chartered Psychologist, registered with the British Psychological Society, and specialise in Careers and Assessments. My main website is www.amazingpeople.co.uk and you can read more of my career related services there, aimed at people of all ages.
If you want to learn more about my career history, visit my LinkedIn page and while you are there feel free to connect.
I want to focus on helping men and women over 50 to make effective life and career choices so that the rest of their life is their best life.
I work with people with the energy and passion to want more, to feel fulfilled and to have the life they want. It doesn’t have to be a traditional path, you could opt to be an associate, contractor or have a portfolio life. You could plan for a life without paid work, whatever works best for you. And no choice is forever, we can change at any time.
I’ve gained a strong reputation for working with people of our age group. I’m the Author of Find Work at 50+ and was a guest speaker at the 50+ Show (London and Birmingham). I’ regularly featured in the press writing on issues affecting people like us including careers, goal setting and healthy living. You can also find me in the April issue of SAGA Magazine.
Outside of work I love to dance Balboa and Lindy Hop, I took up dancing at age 57. I’d had a health scare and I found it hard to go to the gym, so opted for something active and social. Learning new steps is good for my brain too.
I love to travel I want to properly experience different cultures and create lasting memories. To celebrate the start of my 60th year we travelled around Australia, in 43 nights we slept in 33 beds, and we saw a lot! New Years’ Eve in Sydney Harbour was a “once in a lifetime experience”. I also faced my fears and did the Harbour Bridge Climb. I’ve plans for my birthday and the end of my birthday year too. Turning 50 we backpacked in India over both Christmases and did a camping safari in Namibia for my birthday holiday.
I love the 1950s, and I’ve a classic car an Austin A35 from 1958, called Dugsy. Driving around in our car makes people smile and it’s a great memory of years gone by. I dress up too, loving the clothes from the era.
You can watch and listen to me on the video below and then read more of my qualifications and media involvement.
- 1988 2i honours degree Psychology, Open University
- 1989 Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling, Manchester University
- 1992 Consulting Skills for Effective Advising, Shepherd Moscow Ltd
- 1992 Diploma in Counselling, Wolverhampton University
- 1992 MSc Occupational Psychology, London University
- 1999 MBA, Open University
- 2002 Diploma in Performance Management Coaching, Newcastle College
- 2002 Commenced study with the Graduate School of Coaching
- 2007 Winner of National Career Award: The Gold Career Programme
- 2009 Winner of National Career Award: The Job Search Support Programme
- 2010 Qualified as a Personal Branding Strategist with Reach
- 2011 Sports and Exercise Psychology, with Distinction, Open University
- 2012 Admitted to the Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors
- 2013 Awarded CDI Legacy Fellowship
- 2013 Qualified as a Social Branding Analyst with Reach, I re-certify each year
- 2014 Certified LinkedIn Profile Writer, issued by Career Enlightenment
Qualified to use the majority of reputable assessments including the Highlands Ability Battery, Talent Q, 15FQ, Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Firo B, TKI and Strong Interest Inventory,
Media - I write, I talk, I Contribute
Articles and Comments
I can provide a comment or you can commission me to write an article on 50+ matters or wider career and life issues. I’m regularly featured in the press and respond promptly to requests.
I can provide engaging talks on career, lifestyle, and retirement. Let’s arrange a time to discuss your requirements.
When you need some expert support to your media campaign I can help with writing articles, adding comment to publications and radio days. I get great feedback.
This was me taking radio calls for JET2 holidays, discussing why we should take short city breaks.
To discuss how I can be of help call me on 07931 303367 or read more details using the link below.